Small Business Banker
The Small Business Banker is responsible for growing the profitability of the small business customer base and will lead with a primary deposit relationship. Manages and grows client relatinships, primarly for clients with sales revenue under $2.5MM. The SBB is primarily accountable for retaining and deepening existing relationships, as well as prospecting and acquiring new priority small businesses. A significant portion of the SBB’s time will be dedicated towards cultivation of existing relationships and new acquisitions activities. The SBB will spend approximately 60% of their time outside of the banking center in client facing activities. The SBB analyzes the client’s financial condition and recommends financial solutions to best meet the client’s business and personal needs. The SBB must have the ability to build new relationships and maintain strong relationships with small business owners. The SBB will identify client needs and will coordinate client involvement with other product specialists. The SBB will work closely with the following partners: Banking Center, Sales and Service Center, Merchant Services, Community Banking, and Treasury Services. The SBB will not have credit lending authority nor credit decision making ability. All loans will be underwritten through centralized Credit.
Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Responsible for owning and managing a large portfolio of Branch Small Business clients:
- Providing industry-leading customer service skills
- Achieving branch and individual sales, service, and referral goals.
- Operating in a team environment where duties will include a mix of management, sales/referrals, and transaction responsibility.
- Serve as backup to Branch Manager for Small Business client needs.
- Provide service support to Branch assigned Small Business clients
- Return client calls
- Resolve service issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, operational procedures, and risk management policies.
- Responsible for sales and service activities that include assisting clients on platform.
- Support Banking Center manager in the facilitation of new business loan requests
- Gather financial information and create Credit Authorization
- Partner with centralized underwriting for additional information requests
- Coordinate approved loan packages for new and renewal requests.
Time spent in various aspects of this role will vary depending upon branch traffic and needs and the role of other teammates in the branch. Work schedule may include Saturday.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, and bank policies and procedures that pertain to your day-to-day job responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all compliance regulations pertinent to your assigned duties by successful completion of any courses assigned on a timely basis.
- Responsible for adherence to BrandBank’s Code of Professional Ethics and Conduct as well as observing and promoting compliance with the Code among fellow bank personnel, customers and vendors.
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Ability to manage the a portfolio of small business clients with focus on client retention and cultivation.
- Knowledge of Small Business acumen and financial accounting.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures, security standards, and BrandStrong Service Standards.
- Strong ability to assist customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services.
- Conversant in consultative client conversations.
- Ability to interact confidently with clients, and ability to identify, evaluate, and resolve client financial needs.
- Provide input to Branch Manager regarding small business client issues.
- 1-3 years of proven consultative sales experience in financial services, business to business sales, or small business banking.
- Demonstrated ability to interact confidently with clients and ability to identify evaluate and resolve client financial needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other content development tools.
BrandBank is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.