Regulatory Compliance Specialist - Consumer Lending
Responsible for assisting the Director of Compliance in the implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s Compliance Risk Management Program. Responsible for ensuring compliance by The Brand Banking Company and its subsidiaries with all federal and state laws and regulations covering consumer compliance. These include federal regulations governing lending and deposit activities as well as CRA, HMDA and fair lending. This position has authority to assess procedures and activities to ensure that they are in compliance with regulations and to make recommendations for correction as needed.
Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Facilitates the collection of HMDA/CRA data from each line of business on a monthly basis.
- Performs monthly data scrubs and validations of HMDA/CRA data.
- Responds to requests for interpretation or advice from operational units regarding compliance issues.
- Reviews and approves Advertising, Marketing and Bank disclosure for compliance with Advertising regulations.
- Tests and Audits of adherence to Flood Disaster Regulations, FCRA, Funds Availability, TRID, and other necessary regulations.
- Reviews Deposit disclosures when applicable for compliance with truth and savings regulations.
- Monitors proposed, newly implemented and changes to existing laws and regulations.
- Ensures that policies are properly administered and procedures are followed.
- Assists in the dissemination of compliance information and revising bank’s policies and procedures as needed.
- Assists in training and advising staff regarding new and existing compliance laws and regulations and how their job responsibilities assist in the bank’s compliance.
- Assists with preparation for audits and examinations, and exception tracking and follow up.
- Assists the Director of Compliance in the implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s Compliance Risk Management Program.
- Assists the Director of Compliance in the development and management of the compliance processes of the Bank. These processes would utilize regulatory Compliance Risk Management principles.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions: